Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Travels to Greece and to Germany


I will be leaving for Europe this Tuesday, arriving in Athens mid-afternoon on Wednesday to begin a very busy week and a half of events. I have been invited to be a keynote speaker at the Schools for Open Societies Conference/ UDLnet.eu Strand in Athens, Greece on the topic of Understanding the Differences between Universal Design for Learning and Appropriate Accessibility Accommodations. 
I will also be representing Salus University as the sole American associate partner in the consortium at the UDLnet.eu meeting prior to the conference.

Following the conference, I will spend a day meeting with colleagues from the NHL University of Applied Sciences to discuss future collaborative endeavors. I will then be off Oldenburg University in Germany to meet with our other partners. Salus has signed MOUs with both institutions. I have been invited to present a professional development workshop to faculty and to conduct a guest lecture for graduate students in their School of Educational and Social Sciences, Department of Education and Rehabilitation. We will be also be discussing an initial junior faculty exchange that we hope to begin next fall between our colleges. 

I am bringing Sal the Salamander along with me to take photos and share stories about our work overseas!

I will try to write every few days to keep the blog updated, so make sure to check back. 












- Barbara Schwartz-Bechet, MS, EdD, is the associate dean for the Salus University College of Education and Rehabilitation

1 comment:

  1. Good luck and safe travels, Barbara! Can't wait to follow your travel stories!


    ~Kathleen

    ReplyDelete