Monday, November 14, 2016

This Concludes My Wonderful Trip to Greece & Germany

All in all, it was a wonderful trip to both Greece and Germany. I was treated well in both countries and the hospitality was incredible! I enjoyed speaking with many individuals from Europe and my keynote speech went very well in Athens. And, I truly enjoyed my guest lecture for graduate students at Oldenburg University and the joint work with the Dean and the faculty was also quite relevant and I left with clear plans to continue our work. There looks like there could be several possible collaborations within both countries and Salus. A professor at the University of Athens indicated interest in learning more about the BLVS  programs and there is interest from Oldenburg University in Germany to discuss ways to mesh the role of mental health with our rehabilitation programs in CER, as well as working to provide global experiences for our junior faculty members. (Included in this blog are some photos from my guest lecture and my presentation to faculty in Germany.)





- Barbara Schwartz-Bechet, MS, EdD, is the associate dean for the Salus University College of Education and Rehabilitation

No comments:

Post a Comment