Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Second Week in Doha

During my presentation 
It is hard to believe how quickly my time in Doha has flown! With the start of my second week, I have completed two days at the 2nd Annual Autism and ABA conference at the Shafallah Center along with my two presentations. Today, I begin my first day conducting parent workshops. Overall, the experience has been wonderful! The translation during the conference was a bit challenging at times, going both ways, but for the most part, all went very well. Only once was I asked to slow down by a participant at the conference; my New York ‘talk’ sometimes comes out when I speak which includes speaking a mile-a minute! Everyone has been so hospitable. I have not had one day when I wasn’t invited to someone’s home or out for a meal. I have also had some wonderful conversations regarding how Salus could meet some of the training/education needs of the Shafallah Center. I am including more photos from the conference and the sites of Doha for your enjoyment!








Official photo from the 2nd Autism & ABA Conference
Group photo at Al Hilal, Doha



- Barbara Schwartz-Bechet, MS, EdD, is the associate dean for the Salus University College of Education and Rehabilitation


No comments:

Post a Comment